Friday, April 4

high on life aka death

Today I dissected the reproductive and urinary systems of a 6 foot tall cadaver. In laymen's terms I cut an 84 year old penis lengthwise. Following that, I pulled a testie out of the scrotum and cut fat away from the renal area so I could see the tube that allows the urine to flow from the kidney into the bladder. This was an extraordinary thing for me to take part in, seeing as how some RNs and perhaps even some medical students don't get the chance, as a first year anatomy student. I will describe the innards if any of my phantom readers would like me to, but that would involve an actual comment from the suspect in case. I'll sum it up by saying that I think everybody, who has a body, should take an anatomy course. In a few weeks we get to take the brain out of the female before she is set aflame. Party!
Moving on to consumerism. I have had three iPods, only one of which I've purchased. Yesterday. While standing in line I wondered how many iPods the average person has gone through and why it is not that big of a deal to make a large purchase like that
(I bought a lil shuffle for $50 that's why I say it's no big deal). The tourists behind me went up to the counter asking for two 16 gig iPhones which would have been around a grand-excluding CA sales tax which is muy alto. They were out of stock of the 16 gigs, and the retail clerk didn't even direct the couple to another Apple store. This prompted me to ask the cashier how much the store sold daily. He couldn't say. Then I started thinking about the recession. Alas, I was happy to learn that the iPod I chose is part of the program that a percentage (probably minutia) of sales goes to fight AIDS. Colored red, of course. If you'd like, because I would like very much so, please leave a comment and let me know how many iPods you've had in your life.
Also, I think the garlic shrimp I cooked tonight were a little past their expiration date and I hope the homeless that I left them for in the street do not get sick.

2 comments:

Starr said...

I have only had 1! Mike had one also. Some asshole stole it from his birthday party last year.

Unknown said...

i have one that my momma bought me a long time ago......but i hardly use it...i use my umm..iphone...