Friday, May 9

it's like riding a bike

Except it's a motorcycle so it has a little more power. And you can't go in the bicycle lane. Although it has been a long while since I drove the trusty bike, the sensation came back as quickly as the sickening feelings inside of my stomach. Not a morning type of sickness, freaktothefunk it's late night yo, so that means the program we all should be watching- DEMOCRACY NOW! is on. Cyclones, civilians, lack of aid. Clinton, execution, the USA. The starving kids and no healthcare. Desperation, dislocation, torture and the 8th amendment. Guantanamo. I should stop. Drop and Roll? I can't do that. I have to work with Al Gore. He lives in my city and I must save the world. Forget Top Chef and realize that Dooce doesn't mention anything of importance (a lot of sites that I peruse don't, for that matter).
I can't go on thinking how jacked up the world is, you have to find the beauty in everyday because you never know when the wave will come crashing down. I don't have a problem finding beauty. A few days ago I walked into a random grocer and what do I see? The princess of fruits, Mangosteen. It is from Thailand, which is where I was introduced to it, and until recently had been illegal to bring into the USA (quarantine issues I suppose). So this morning after my second acupuncture session when I came home with radish seeds taped to my ears, I cut up a bunch of fruit and with a little fresh lime sat down to enjoy this.

1 comment:

Starr said...

YUM. And super jealous you found a mangostein. Jimmy introduced us to them in Canada. He smuggled some back home! I have heard they sometimes have them at the Asian market here so I am going to check.