Sunday, November 2

I need Mobys' 'Feeling So Real' song

San Francisco is full of life, but often my apartment drains it right out of me. Dim light, cold, and jumbled cognition play a huge part of this, but when I leave these dreadful doors I always feel 99% better. Life thrives on these streets.
Halloween is especially fantastic here and since it fell on the last Friday of the month, Critical Mass was taking place. That's a bike rally that fucks up the traffic for two hours. Drivers, especially cab, love it. People got all dressed up, and many dressed their bikes up. Amazing and vibrant and great to be a part of, even as a bystander. My favorite costume was this dude dressed as a dog who had a cone around his head. Since Frida had a hematoma on her ear removed she is wearing one so the rider and I both got a huge kick out of that!
And todays vibrancy? A line wrapped around the outside of City Hall of people voting early. It's Sunday. And the campaigners loved Frida!

No comments: