Tuesday, August 19

Olympics= too much US exposure

Is it just me or were you happy when that little Nastia got a silver instead of a gold? I'm talking gymnastics here and this chick looks like such a little bitch. I hope she screws up on her other events- or better yet, I hope she is done competing.

I just heard that the government has contracted three colleges( U of Maryland, U of CA Irvine, Carnegie Mellon) to create technology that is able to read peoples thoughts. They say it will be for soldiers who suffer from PTSD. Right, right. We believe you mighty government. How about marketing that shit for weight loss, cheating husbands, and final exams? Soon to come I'm sure.

I am going to see the Antarctica movie for the third time tomorrow night. It's obvious I will get there some day.

I have so much to do. Crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. First, neither you nor I have even the faintest idea of the insane level of dedication and sacrifice Nastia has made in order to compete in the Olympics. The kind of wake up every morning and dedicate your entire waking life down to the second preparing for a few brief moments to compete to win a gold medal. And you are faulting her for what? Presumably, for showing emotion after nailing her routing and being arguably screwed out of her life's dream by incompetent judges. (Yeah, what a bitch, look at that competitive scowl, she should smile like a good little gymnast, I hope she tears her Achilles, that will teach her to mean mug on my television!)

And too much U.S. exposure? Who should the U.S. broadcasters focus on, Zimbabwe? Like it or not, the Olympics is basically a two week sporting orgy of nationalistic pride, it only follows to reason that the country you are receiving your telecast in should focus on that respective country's performances.

In other words, I hope you are alone in wishing those mean spirited things. Where does this unprovoked hostility reside, my benign, liberal sister-in-law?

Boo.
With love,
Your cutest niece's father

Starr said...

Honestly I did say that she looks like a bitch, but I still think she got screwed! They are completely favoring China in numerous different gymnastic events. AND China is even cheating because they are letting "16 yr. olds" aka 13 yr olds and falsifying their birth certifs so they can compete! Damn China, too bad they own our country.

fancy ham said...

wowa MIke is serious. Nastaia won her fair share of gold medals. I wasn't really talking about that particular instance, from the first time I saw her compete and she got her back pack on, and was on her cell phone and wouldn't get off despite the massive lights, large speakers and stress levels. that bothered me. i know she isn't the only one who doesn't hug the other gymnasts but I wouldn't be surprised if she was bummed about Shawn J getting gold. I started thinking people should be able to win only one gold, give others a chance. And this, my passionate brother in law shows my high degree of competitiveness. But you are right about all the other Olympic stuff.