Tuesday, August 26

my favorite colorful book

I'm trying to get Frida to spoon with me but she has the hiccups so it's not working out so well, plus I'm drunk so it's probably better I don't lay down completely. Better yet, I'll make a drink. Bailey's on ice or with coffee? It is rather late I'll go with Baileys on ice, isn't it nice Bailey's on ice. My tolerance is rather low, I enjoyed two glasses of wine with my dinner tonight and when I started to feel drunk I thought "great, I can blog!" How pathetic is that? At least I'm not like Frida who is at present, licking herself.

The other night I went out to one of my favorite pizza places in the city, which happens to be a block away from my house. Among the list of fine wines I noticed a can of hamms. How could I not order that? And how could I have forgotten how great my thought process is? It's funny aka sad how life seems to get going and you forget to do the little things that you should be doing like uh, learning how to make scrumptious meals and writing, constantly writing.

Honestly, this GRE deal has made me dizzy. Tonight, I went to a repeat of the first class of a set of classes I finished a month ago. Talk about a waste of time! Just because I have scared myself shitless about this exam. Imagine the MCAT. And to think I want to be a doctor. And a writer. And a scientist. Anyway I am taking the test on the 27th of Sept. I have one month to prepare. Oh ya, and I'm taking Physiology this semester.

So to calm my nerves and make myself smile inside I am often resorting to this gem of a book whose author I am dying to drink tea with. The name of the book is The Principles of Uncertainty and it is written by Maria Kalman. Bless her heart. Bless your hearts. And bless my 32 year old everything!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the paragraph "the other night...constantly writing" is wonderful..i cut and pasted it into this .doc i have with important stuff to remember.....it seems.....very necessary

Unknown said...

doctor..writer..scientist....have you read the bellevue lit review? i think it is superduper...they have it at city lights and sometimes at green apple....