Sunday, October 10

Seems to be official... hurry up state budget

My wonderful father and I took a road trip to So. Cal this past week so that I could check out apartments and meet with the department head. I was a little nervous about the meeting, as my brain tells myself that I don't talk to people well (but I am starting to learn that is not the case). As I am walking out of her office she said to me, 'congratulations and welcome on board'. I'm taking this as a good sign. The college is still waiting for funding to go through and then the official letters will be sent out. Happy happy joy joy.
So thus begins the freak out mode of what needs to be done. And the top of the list is work, followed by finding a pitbull friendly apartment, next comes hiking before the damn snow falls and finally packing up all the furnishings for my own place.
I am really excited about getting my own apartment, rather than renting a room in a house. I need to focus and living close to campus in a one bedroom is key. I envision how I will decorate, the cupboards to be filled, art to be hung. And also buying my textbooks and reading the introductions before classes begin. I can and I will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is most wonderful!..it is good to hear you happy....where will you be going and what will you be studying?