Thursday, December 4

and on this day

Fancy became an adult.

The events leading up to this moment in my life have blended somewhat smoothly together. Mostly because of my quintessiental family, beloved friends, great therapist, and growing pitbull. And not to forget music, which will help any soul who uses it- note to Vicky Hatch. I would like to thank the Fleet Foxes, whom I've just discovered, and have helped me harmoniously with my new status of singlehood.
But the surreal experience that I just sat through was the topping on the cake of adulthood I've so longed for. The setting was a corner office in an insurance company, the notary resided there. He had made it his Oasis-beautiful & intricate model ships he'd assembled, a chandelier, dusty gifts of fine liquor, the widest grandfather clock I've ever seen, christmas angel in the window, candle burning, and endless plants.
And the reason I'm sitting across from this jolly man with luscious lips? I am a witness to the signing of divorce papers between my freshly made x boyfriend and his sweet wife of seven years, four of which involved yours truly.
So as I am taking all of the notaries serene office space into account I realize what a major change my life is going to take. And music was discussed the whole time.

1 comment:

dalish girl said...

whatever you can do or dream you can begin it.
boldness has magic, power and genius in it.

-goethe

you have alwasy had the power and the boldness girl...forge on

love u.