Wednesday, August 15

Gasland

How odd is it that these past two posts have the word gas in them? And how great is it that I am on here writing again, although I have to say, the notion of being tracked everywhere I go on the web is a scary thing. Even scarier that I carry it in my pocket. This begins the weaning myself off technology project. Not to say that it's a hurtful thing, it's great and will always be a part of my life and I am so glad the world is at my fingertips at any moment in any place, but there does have to be a limit on things. I'd like to unplug for x amount of hours a day. I know with my final day yes that is FINAL DAY of graduate school qucikly apporaching (aka TOMORROW!) see posts circa January 2010..it will be less tempting to be online 99 hours a day. I want a hobby. I want to learn to sew. Now what is with the reference to gas in two precious titles of my posts? Well, this here is a documentary I just watched and I wouldn't mind it if the whole world watched it. Seeing movies like this totally make me want to be more social and tell others, but usually when i talk to people I have a hard time explaining myself. This must end as I am in a career that will encounter all walks of life. I think a public speaking class would help, ha ha ha I just spent thousands upon thousands and my whole graduate school atmosphere was about presentations both in and out of groups and here I am, not even one day out of the program talking about public speaking courses? I do believe I am crazy.I should recommend the movie to the cohort facebook page but I doubt anyone would watch it. Never hurts though. Here I will try to describe the film hereas it is keeping me up so late. Basically natural gas is a terribly evasive chemical that they extract deep out of the ground People have to start standing up to the corporate giants that are taking over America. I guess I should say, have taken over America. There is so much in my mind right now that I feel like blowing up. I know I am so capable of doing great things and there is certainly no time to be idle. Boy do I have the right partner for me.

No comments: