Saturday, January 1

It's 2011. I have a sore throat.

And I did a good deed. After working 11 hours today I wanted to go see Casey, a beloved beloved, at his club to ring in the new year. One scotch and about 15 minutes later, I decide it would be better for my feet to enjoy a bottle of champagne with my depressed friend Megan who is often bedbound. Depression is a weird thing and I think I can speak candidly about it since I have been down that road and this blog can surely attest to that. I even did my stint at a mental hospital. That's right, I wanted to walk in front of a bus at one time. But then I realized that I would miss the sky too much or the smell of a flower. This is not even where I wanted to be going with this post in the first place.
It's NYE aka NYD for christs sake!! This year is sure to bring change. And I sure hope my throat does not bring strep to ring it in! Good night 2010, you didn't turn out to be so bad afterall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

a very honest post...i need more honesty in my life....i wonder where honesty will take me.....cheers to your new year!