Sunday, August 29

me wants success

I think too much. Have been told this before, and I know it to be true so I am trying to focus on other things and one of those is getting a routine. But here is the kicker, the real shit kicker, I set up a study schedule one day for me, a timeline per se, and have yet to do it. I know I have stated this over and over again, but it's almost like I want to fail myself. Like I am setting myself up for disappointment. For instance, why would I fret about not getting into grad school when I have an email conformation stating my seat is saved. Because it's not an official letter, end of thought about that.

Next. After reading my last published post I only now sit down to write.. what is up with that? If I want to write, I should be doing it every single day. The harp still waits to be blown, the laps have lapsed and the pool is soon to close. Blah blah. It's not all blah though.
Had another amazing weekend in Vegas. My man George, a very good man indeed, played in a poker tournament and won twenty thousand dollars. Did you get that internets? 20 thousand dollars. The chips were so beautiful but the bundles of bills smelled better. I was a complete wreck watching him play and hoped that my nerves didn't get passed on to him. Out of 433 he qualified to the final 18 and then placed 5th. Way to go George! You don't even know this blog exists. He was so thoughtful too, gave me 1000 for support! (which went straight to the c.c and only 1000 more to go.)

So the goals are in place and I am definitely in the right head space the only thing now is movement. And that is what humans do, even hermits keep moving aka living. On a side note, I went to an exhibit of paintings done by Orangutans and it,once again, brought back my childhood dreams of being Jane Goodall. I'm thinking a crazy adventure (not metro city light up time) is in the near future.

No comments: