Saturday, June 13

Hello nothing and Everything!

And why do I like living in America so much? Because when I want an apple in the middle of the night I can get one. I can walk in the darkest of nights on a tree lined street, in a very safe neighborhood to the 7-11 where the Indian with the thing on his head scans the barcode for Red Delicious. And I notice the stars, of course, and the moon. The moon. Almost as great as the sunset tonight scarcely opening through quickly moving clouds to let the pink hues through before the blanket of fog settled in. And did you get what you wanted from this life, even so? I did. And what did you want? To realize that I do not want to be in school right now (or never), that life is short and I need time to heal from all of the mental shit I have been putting myself through for the last oh 20 years or so. Damn I really lay it out on this blog. Too bad none of my old friends read it and call to see how I'm doing. Gotta love those Mormon guilts! Thank you Raymond Carver for the lines to your poem.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Love you. :)

Anonymous said...

dito
lisey